This event takes place at Alford Community Campus where Adam Mellis, Partnership Development Officer, Police Scotland, supported by Carol Muir, Health Improvement Officer, NHS Grampian will provide parents/carers with information on current national and local concerns around substance misuse. Adam and Carol will:
- share “The Slide”, a new video resource which will help raise awareness of risk taking behaviour regarding substance misuse
- raise awareness of evidence/symptoms of drug taking/use in young people
- raise awareness of Scottish Families affected by Drugs and Alcohol Services
- raise awareness of different substances through the use of a ‘Drugs Box’, which contains a range of substances currently accessible within our local communities
- facilitate a Question & Answer session.
Full details of this event can be found in the letter emailed to all parents on the 7th March.