The Alford Academy school uniform is:
• School tie
• Plain white shirt (long or short sleeves)
• Plain black tailored trousers for boys/girls (no leggings)
• Standard black knee-length skirt as an option for girls
• Black shoes or black trainer-type shoes
• Black fine knit V neck jumper* with embroidered school badge or black fine knit girls’ cardigan with embroidered school badge.
• Black blazer* with embroidered school badge
• (Optional for S4-S6 in addition to blazer) Black fine knit V neck jumper* with embroidered school badge or black fine knit girls’ cardigan with embroidered school badge .
Ties can be ordered direct from the School Office. If you would like to purchase a tie please complete the order form and return it to the Academy pupil drop box or school office together with £5 payment by 6 June (for collection week commencing 10 June). Order forms are available from the school office or can be downloaded from the Alford Academy School Blog http://alfordacademy.edublogs.org Please note ad hoc orders for school ties that are lost or need replaced can be made any time during the school session.
School Jumpers/Cardigans and Blazers
These can be ordered direct from our supplier Academy Uniforms Ltd. Staff from Academy Uniforms will be in school on the dates detailed below to provide a fitting service for pupils and advise pupils and parents on appropriate sizes of blazer and jumper. A professional fitting is particularly important for the first blazer purchased – therefore a fitting date has been arranged for S3 pupils – pupils will be given information on their blazer size and how to order to take home. Please note the cut-off date for online orders for free delivery to Alford Academy on 15 June is 7 May 2019.
Thursday 18 April Period 4 (11:30-12:20) Alford Academy, D0-68/69
(Fitting only – S3 pupils and any S4/5 pupils requiring fitting for a new blazer)
Saturday 15 June 1.00 – 3.00 pm Alford Academy, Dining Area
(Distribution of blazers to new S4/5/6 pupils ordered prior to 7 May, fittings and/or sales for knitwear for new S1 pupils, fitting and/or sales for all pupils for replacement items)
Options for ordering / payment:
• Pupils/parents can be issued with their sizes on a fitting date and blazers/jumpers can then be ordered and paid for online from the Academy Uniforms’ website (www.academyuniformsltd.co.uk). Please note online orders must be placed prior to Monday 8 July for free delivery to school for collection on the Distribution Date – see below.
• Parents can purchase uniform on the fitting date Saturday 15 June. They can opt to pay for their blazer/jumper in full and take it home on the same day or place the order on the fitting date (a minimum deposit of £10 is required) and pay the balance on collection at the Distribution Date. Payment is direct to the supplier – due to connectivity issues with portable switch machines, the supplier recommends parents that wish to pay for and take away uniform on the day bring cash (cheques not accepted).
• Individual items can be ordered online at any time and sent to home address if preferred (a delivery charge is payable).
Distribution Day: Staff from Academy Uniforms will be at Alford Academy (Dining Area) on Thursday 15 August from 11 am to 12 noon to distribute pre-ordered blazers and jumpers to pupils/parents and collect in balance of payment where applicable. Staff can also answer any queries and deal with any exchanges on that day.
Girl’s/Boy’s Blazer (with embroidered badge) £31.50
Girl’s/Boy’s fine knit V neck Jumper (with embroidered badge) £16.50
Girl’s cardigan (with embroidered badge) £17.50
Girl’s Blazer Chest 22”-48”
Boy’s Blazer Chest 22”-52″
(larger sizes available to order if required)
Jumpers/cardigans (all) Age 9/10 (30), age 11/12 (32), age 13 (34), Small (36), Medium (38), Large (40/42), XL (46)
Please note that blazers and jumpers are purchased direct from the supplier Academy Uniforms Ltd – Website www.academyuniformsltd.co.uk,
Phone 01355 244879, Email email@example.com.
School ties can be purchased via the Alford Academy School Office.
Further information on how to apply for a school clothing grant can be found on Aberdeenshire Council’s website