Monday 11 May 2020. Good morning. Buenos días. Bonjour.

Out for a daily walk again …

How are you?  I hope you managed to enjoy the weekend.

There are so many people inspiring me just now, Captain(Colonel) Tom Moore is one.  Wow, 100 years old, with a No.1 hit, he has raised over £30 million for NHS Charities Together and it all started as a sponsored walk of 100 lengths of his garden in the run up to his ‘big’ birthday.  He is really determined and his word really matters to him,  he said  “I said I’ll do it and I’ll do it”.    At almost 100 years old, it was a hard challenge for him, but he kept going and walked one length of his garden then another and another.  He kept going by always thinking that he could do another length and was encouraged along the way until he got to his 100th one.

School remains closed and we head into more weeks of staying at home.   If you are finding it’s getting tougher, remember Captain Tom and how he persevered.    It’s important that you stay connected with school and keep your learning going, one step at a time.    Tell us how you are doing via your Google classrooms and let us help you along the way.

Let’s make sure that we are also celebrating our own local heroes, who like Captain Tom, have set out to make a difference.  Let us know who you or they are so we can celebrate your stories!

Have a good week.😊

Mrs Milne