Daily Bulletin – Monday 5 december

Daily Bulletin – Monday 5 december

Festive Treats

During the month of December Interact will be selling Candy Canes for 50p each every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at lunchtime.

The profits will be donated to local charities food banks.  Please do not hesitate to get yourself a festive treat.

Social Group

Social Group on a Monday lunchtime D0-67 bring your lunch come and chill and play games.

Christmas Dance

We are excited to announce that the Christmas dance is back after 3 years!  The junior dance is on Monday 19th of December and the senior dance is on Tuesday 20th of December.  Tickets will be on sale from the Monday 5th to Thursday 8th of December from 1.35-1.55 in D0-68 (junior dance) and D0-69 (senior dance) the cost will be £5 per ticket and includes food, drinks and music.

Developing the Young Workforce

I am Romana Richards the Developing the Young Workforce (DYW) Employer School Coordinator for Alford Academy.  My job is to connect employers with Alford Academy.  I am at Alford Academy on a Monday and Tuesday every week.  At the end of each week I update the Alford Academy blog with careers information – this includes Job adverts, upcoming events, and resources.  There are hyperlinks that take you to all of the relevant websites.  This can be found in the Blog news section of the website https://alfordacademy.edublogs.org/blog-news/

In addition, I update the blog news with flyers and information of other exciting upcoming events and open days that you might find useful.  Please do take a look it is a really useful resource and there are some amazing opportunities on offer for you to make use of.

S1-3 Lunchtime Drop-In

All S1-3 pupils are invited to attend a lunchtime drop-in session run by our Mental Health Peer Educators. This is an opportunity for you to socialise and take part in a range of fun activities and is a group for young people delivered by young people.  The sessions will take place every Wednesday lunchtime in D068 from 1.15-1.45pm and you are welcome to bring your lunch.

Our Focus for Wednesday 7th December is a ‘getting to know you’ session with games and chat.

We look forward to seeing you there!