(Alford Academy Virtual Awards Ceremony 2020)
The Data Controller of the information being collected is Aberdeenshire Council.
The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Town House, 34 Low Street, Banff, AB45 1AY.
Your information is being collected by Aberdeenshire Council to use for the following purposes:
- To celebrate the achievements of our pupils in a virtual awards ceremony
- To share this awards ceremony via the schools YouTube channel (Public Link)
- To promote Alford Academy pupils to our wider community and business partners.
The Legal Basis for collecting the information is: Consent
We are seeking your consent to include, on each of the options below, for your child;
- Forename and surname or first name and Initial of surname, or initial then surname.
- Information on your child’s Awards for Endeavour (Hard work).
- Information on your child’s Awards for Academic excellence including where appropriate their subject prizes.
- Information on their individual awards for (non-academic) excellence.
- Where applicable, information on their wider achievement out with school, and any associated school awards.
- The use of their photo (or where supplied by you a video clip).
|Your information will be publicly available on the school’s YouTube channel. The link will initially be searchable for the purposes of the ‘premiere’ but will be changed shortly afterwards to an unlisted link. This will allow the link to be shared with family and friends as appropriate. This information will be in the public domain and could be transferred by third parties to other jurisdictions, and countries.|
The retention period for the data is:
This data and its associated video will be retained as part of Alford Academies historical archive.
Automated descision making:
There will be no automated descison making, including profiling undertaken in reation to this data.
Please note that you have the following rights:
- To withdraw consent at any time, where the Legal Basis specified above is Consent; (Please note that the window to withdraw consent is upto the point that the video is uploaded to YouTube.
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (after raising the issue with the Data Protection Officer first);
- To request access to your personal data;
- To object, where the legal basis specified above is:
- Performance of a Public Task; or
- Legitimate Interests.
- To data portability, where the legal basis specified above is:
- Consent; or
- Performance of a Contract;
- To request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as so far as the legislation permits.
To excercise your right to withdraw this consent (within the limits detailed above) at any time, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your digital return and preferences via the associated online form will be taken as consent in lieu of a signature.