zRemote Learning Protocols and Procedures
This document provides advice on how to set up for on-line learning at home, protocols and expectations for online meetings and accessing learning in Google Classrooms. At the heart of these are our school values (HHARK- Honesty, Hard Work, Ambition, Respect and Kindness) and our habits of work and learning (HOWLs – Work Hard, Aim High, Be Kind).
- Find a quiet space
- Use headphones if you can
- Place your device so the camera (is using one) doesn’t show too much of your home (to protect your and your families privacy).
- Consider making use of appropriate custom backgrounds, or background blurring
- behave in the lesson as you would be expected to in school
- be kind and considerate of others
- make good use of the Google classroom to seek feedback/help from your teachers
- Help your child find the best place to work (if possible, not a bedroom, consider making use of custom or blurred backgrounds)
- Be on hand, if you can, to help if needed
- Take an interest in your child’s work and the work set for them in Google Classroom.
- Accept invitations to receive guardian summaries for Google Classroom and remind your child about deadlines
- Remember that you yourself must not use or access Glow or any related Glow resource. To protect our young people the use of Glow is strictly limited to pupils and educators.
- Continue to observe the highest professional standards
- Choose the best method of delivery based on the purpose of the meeting
- When using Google Meet, use a custom background. For pupils who are hearing impaired, a blurred background will be most effective for lip-reading
- Monitor and adjust how learning has been structured so that all pupils can work effectively and make the best progress.
- Follow the schools protocol for online meetings.