Welcome to the Alford Academy Parent Council.
The next Alford Academy Parent Council meeting will be held on Wednesday 11th May at 7pm.
The link to this virtual meeting can be found here, meetings are held using Microsoft Teams. Please ensure you have the Teams app downloaded for easy access Click here to join the meeting
WHAT DO WE DO?
As a parent council, our aim is to provide a forum for communication between the parent body and the school. We meet on a regular basis throughout the year, at least once every school term. We welcome all parents/carers to all meetings; we would love to hear from you.
As a Parent Council, we have a statutory role to support the school. We do this in a number of ways;
- To work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school which, is inclusive for all parents/carers.
- To promote partnership between the school, its pupils and all its parents/carers.
- To develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To identify and represent the views of parents/carers on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To report to parents on school development projects and support improvement plans by discussing the school’s strengths and areas for development from a parental perspective.
- To work in partnership with the school to decide on the key priorities to take forward and provide a voice for parents in schools and in their local authority on issues that are important to them
- To improve the school’s understanding of how to engage parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school.
- To support the school to develop strong home/school partnerships and communicate regularly with the Parent Forum to both hear their views and keep them informed.
- To help make links with the wider community
- To take part/organise social (and fundraising) activities that help support school initiatives and the overall health and wellbeing of pupils
WHO ARE WE?
- Chairperson: Ingrid Huldal (Brown)
- Vice-chairperson: Joe Purkis
- Secretary : Monica Illoya
- Treasurer: Denise Smith
HOW DO WE COMMUNICATE?
We meet at least once every school term; meetings are currently held on Teams but we hope to return to in person meetings soon.
To contact Alford Academy Parent Council, please contact: email@example.com
- Meeting minutes and agenda are sent out via email and also are updated on this site here
For all posts to the blog from the Parent Council click here
HOW CAN YOU JOIN?
- We welcome all new parents to attend our sessions, you don’t need to be a member to attend please just join and you will be made welcome.
- New council members are elected at the AGM session, this is the first session we hold after the summer break – we will send an email out beforehand to see if anyone is interested in joining the parent council or standing for a parent council office bearer position.
- We welcome any feedback, concerns or suggestions from all parents – email ahead of any items of interest to add to next meeting agenda
- Contact us if you have any questions or for support at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PARENT COUNCIL MEETING DATES FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2021-2022
- Tuesday 14th September 2021, AGM
- Tuesday 16th November 2021
- Monday 17th January 2022
- Tuesday 15th March 2022
- Wednesday 11th May 2022
- Wednesday 8th June 2022 (P7 Welcome Session)
Below is a list of all the latest agendas and minutes.
Tuesday 15th March 2022 Agenda
Session 2020-21 Agendas and Minutes
September 15th 2020 AGM Minutes
Session 2019 – 2020 Agendas and Minutes
Session 2018 – 2019 Agendas and Minutes
June 19th 2019 Agenda Minutes
August 27th 2018 Notes from meeting
Session 2017 – 2018 Agendas and Minutes
Session 2016 – 2017 Agendas and Minutes