Welcome to the Alford Academy Parent Council.
The next Parent Council meeting will be held on Wednesday 14th June 2023 at 7pm when we will also be welcoming the new P7 parents with an option to attend virtually.
WHAT DO WE DO?
As a parent council, our aim is to provide a forum for communication between the parent body and the school. We meet on a regular basis throughout the year, at least once every school term. We welcome all parents/carers to all meetings; we would love to hear from you.
As a Parent Council, we have a statutory role to support the school. We do this in a number of ways;
- To work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school which, is inclusive for all parents/carers.
- To promote partnership between the school, its pupils and all its parents/carers.
- To develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To identify and represent the views of parents/carers on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To report to parents on school development projects and support improvement plans by discussing the school’s strengths and areas for development from a parental perspective.
- To work in partnership with the school to decide on the key priorities to take forward and provide a voice for parents in schools and in their local authority on issues that are important to them
- To improve the school’s understanding of how to engage parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school.
- To support the school to develop strong home/school partnerships and communicate regularly with the Parent Forum to both hear their views and keep them informed.
- To help make links with the wider community
- To take part/organise social (and fundraising) activities that help support school initiatives and the overall health and wellbeing of pupils
WHO ARE WE?
- Chairperson: Ingrid Huldal (Brown)
- Vice-chairperson: Joe Purkis
- Secretary : Coralie Robertson
- Treasurer: Dawn Brown
HOW DO WE COMMUNICATE?
We meet at least once every school term; meetings are currently held on Teams but we hope to return to in person meetings soon.
To contact Alford Academy Parent Council, please contact: email@example.com
- Meeting minutes and agenda are sent out via email and also are updated on this site here
For all posts to the blog from the Parent Council click here
PARENT COUNCIL MEETING DATES FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2022-2023
- Tuesday 20th September 2022, AGM
- Tuesday 22nd November 2022
- Monday 23rd January 2023
- Tuesday 14th March 2023
- Wednesday 10th May 2023
- Wednesday 14th June 2023 – (P7 Parent Welcome)
Below is a list of all the latest agendas and minutes:
15th May 2023 EGM Minutes
Please find links below to the school inspection report and school improvement plan which were referred to during the meeting:
Alford Academy School Improvement Plan Link
10th May 2023 Minutes
14th March 2023 Minutes
23rd January 2023 Agenda
22nd November 2022 Agenda Minutes