All pupils are expected to maintain a high standard of appearance and to wear school uniform during school hours and when representing the school. We appreciate the support of parents/carers in maintaining our school uniform.
The school uniform consists of:
- White shirt
- Alford Academy school tie
- Black V-neck jumper with embroidered school badge (S1 – S3)
- Black blazer with embroidered school badge (S4 – S6)
- Black skirt/trousers/leggings (all black, opaque, no logos)
- Black shoes or black trainer-type shoes
Purchasing School Uniform
School ties are available from the school office, please phone or email us for information. Order forms are available from school office or can be downloaded from the school website. Please note ad hoc orders for school ties that are lost or need replaced can be made any time during the school session. The cost of the school tie is £5.
School knitwear and blazers can be purchased via our supplier Academy Uniforms (part of Stevensons Ltd) via their website. Contact details: Website www.academyuniformsltd.co.uk
E mail: email@example.com
Please select Alford Academy and you will see the range of options for blazers (for S4-S6 pupils only) and jumpers embroidered with the school badge.
Orders can be placed at any time but to ensure delivery for start of session in August, our supplier recommend placing the order no later than end of first week in July. Items ordered will be delivered to your home address by courier (a delivery charge applies). The supplier will shortly be offering an additional option for free delivery to the school for all orders placed by Sunday 3 July. These items will be available for collection by parents from the Alford Academy Reception on Thursday 18 August 2022 from 11am -12:30 pm (please note the School office is closed during the summer holiday period).
Prices (excluding delivery charge)
Blazer (with embroidered badge) up to and including size 36 £35.50
Blazer (with embroidered badge) size 38 and above £37.50
Fine knit V neck Jumper (with embroidered badge) from £19.00
Blazer Chest 22”-52” (larger sizes available to order if required)
Jumpers (all) Age 9/10 (30), age 11/12 (32), age 13 (34), Small (36), Medium (38), Large (40/42), XL (46)
Staff from Academy Uniforms will be in school on the afternoon of Thursday 23 June to provide a fitting service. A professional fitting is particularly advised for the first blazer purchased and therefore all new S4-6 pupils will be given the opportunity to try on blazers and be provided with information on their blazer size and how to order to take home. There is also a blazer fitting video on the Academy Uniforms website under the Sizing Guide section.
In addition, staff will be available in the Community Room at Alford Campus from 3-4:15 pm on 23 June for any parents that may wish to take the opportunity for their child to try on different sizes of knitwear (or blazers). This event is particularly useful for parents of our P7s who will be joining Alford Academy in August 2022. (Please note this event is for fitting only, not sales. However, there would be an opportunity to purchase a school tie from the school office).
PE Kit Expectations
- Pupils attending PE classes are expected to bring an appropriate change of clothing.
- Whether indoors or outdoors this change should include:
- Shorts, Tracksuit bottoms, Sport Leggings
- Sports Sweatshirt (optional, dependent on weather)
- Appropriate Trainers (must be a change from school footwear)
- Appropriate swimwear and towel for swimming (goggles are optional)
- PE Kit should show an appropriate measure of modesty. School uniform will not be considered as a change of kit. Pupils who fail to bring all or part of their appropriate PE kit can borrow items from the spare kit held in the PE department. We operate a 100% PE Kit Policy which means all pupils bring PE Kit to every PE lesson. Full details can be found on the school blog
Some families may be entitled to a school clothing grant of £150 per eligible child per financial year. More information about this can be found at:
In addition, our Parent Council offer a pre-loved uniform scheme where they collect donations of pre-loved uniform in good condition from parents which are then offered free of charge or for a small donation to any family at a table top event. Look out for further information on our school blog/Facebook page.
If any families require any further help and support with regards to school uniform, please contact the school and ask for Jo Munro, PT Equity, Excellence and Wellbeing.