Mobile Phone Use
Mobile devices play an important part in all our lives. They also have an educational role. However, their use in school is subject to expectations which we have summarised below:
- In class, mobile phones should be put away, out of sight, unless permission has been given by the class teacher.
- Pupils should not have earphones on in class or when moving around the campus.
- The teacher will decide if, and when, pupils can listen to music in their class. At those times when music is not allowed, all personal earphones should be kept completely out of sight.
- If a pupil continues to use their phone after being asked to put it away, they will be asked to put their phone on the teacher’s desk. The phone will then be returned at the end of lesson.
- Recurring or persistent mobile phone issues will be referred to the Guidance Teacher/House Head and parents/carers informed.
- If a pupil is suspected to have filmed or photographed a staff member, SLT will be informed immediately.
- All pupils, parents/carers have signed an acceptable use policy for Mobile Phone use and ICT across the school.